Students will host a guest from Germany for ten days at the end of June/beginning of July and then fly to Stuttgart the beginning of October. For more details, go to www.tomlinscoteschool.com (click on letters, international visits & exchanges, German exchange intro letter)
It is a fantastic opportunity to find out about one another's culture, improve your language skills and make new friends! You don't need to be fantastic at German, but you should:
- be enthusiastic about getting to know how people live there,
- enjoy trying out lovely typical food like Spätzle (egg noodles) and Maultaschen (like giant ravioli),
- want to see German school life and be willing to help the German kids with their English
- be curious for new experiences, like punting and climbing the highest church tower in the world
- enjoy exploring shops and cafés in German towns to find your own lunch and souvenirs
- not be afraid to stay in a different family for ten days (by the time you go you will of course know your exchange partner very well, so it won't be scary any more)
Click German exchange on the right to see pictures and reports from previous years.
Ask students who have taken part for their opinion!
Get your friends to come along with you!
If you have any questions, ask your German teacher for more information!